Every time I sit down to watch news on tv, it's always one thing or the other:
Watching news in one of our local tv channels, I was surprised by what I saw and heard.
(In case it passed you by), There was this man from Kiambu who had been sexually molesting his three children for years. This he did in the absence of their mother, all the while threatening to deal with them if they told her of his diabolic acts. The children, 2 boys and a girl aged between 4 and 9 years were so scared to tell anybody of what they were going through.
After years of continuous abuse, the man's fourtieth day finally came. Though am happy he was eventually caught, I feel for the innocent kids. They didn't have to go through all that, especially in the hands of their biological father. They suffered injuries that will stick with them for the rest of their lives - both physical and psychological. I wonder what reason the man will give for his actions...
Parents (I mean responsible, loving and caring parents) should therefore, ensure there is proper communication between them and their children.Besides, you should track your children's whereabouts just to ensure they are safe and with dependable persons. I believe if these children's mother spared time to communicate with them or even cared to know where they were at certain points in time, this could have been avoided.
Thanks to modern technology it is now very possible to keep track of your child using your web anabled phone.
Safety of our children is our responsibility , let's protect them now.



No comments:
Post a Comment