Friday, April 16, 2010

Children are funny and the most brilliant lot. Two days ago my nephew picked a one shilling coin. He was so excited and came running to me to show what he got. I shared in his excitement and immediately asked him if he wanted to have more money for himself; he said yes and started burbling about what he would buy with the money. In his mind he thought I was going to give him some more and take him out to buy whatever he wanted.
I suggested a piggy bank for him. The next thing he did was to run out of the room and I feared I had disappointed him. After some seconds he came running back with a tin.
"Here's my bank and by christmas am going to buy you and all my friends presents!" he said beaming with more excitement.
I pulled out two shillings i had in my pocket and gave them to him. he immediately put them in his bank and left.
When the parents came he told them about his bank and asked them not to buy him anything; instead, they should put all the money in his bank.
How about that! I believe that's the spirit every child out there should have, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment